I'm addicted to my Filofax planners, and I also create custom inserts for planners. 2017 Inserts coming soon!
In my spare time you can find me gaming/creating on SNW.
I love my geeky partner and our 2 creative, geeky sons. The only thing missing is a cat.
Read the About page to see what makes me tick.
So you've made it to the About page! Fair warning in advance, there's a lot of text here!
My name is Rosana Kooymans, but I often go by the nickname Rosie. Many of my friends call me Rosie or Rose. You may know me as Miss Design, or the SNW webmiss. I've been running SimsNetwork since early 2004 and Miss Design since 2005. Although I operate more under my actual name these days, I still own a company with the name Miss Design.
I live in Eindhoven, which is in The Netherlands. For those of you unfamiliar with this country, a lot of people confuse it for Holland. But Holland is actually just a region in The Netherlands.
I live here with my geeky partner who is mostly known as Cheetah or Wouter, and our creative and geeky son Seth.
We have a humble home here, with my tiny studio, where I create all the cool things you can see on this site. My studio started out as a web design company, I'm a Drupal expert, but I've expanded my company in recent years with handmade items.
Fandoms and obsessions
So many! But I think I'm mostly a:
- Simmer: I started playing The Sims back in 2000 and haven't stopped since. We're now at The Sims 4 and it's a huge part of my life. I have a crazy Sims collection of which I'm very proud. I met all my friends in The Sims community. And I even met my sweetheart through The Sims.
- Whovian: I mostly watch the new Who series, but I occassionally watch Classic Who as well. I have a lot of Whovian shirts, travelled to London for Doctor Who Live and to Cardiff for the Doctor Who Experience.
- Tribute: I'm a huge Hunger Games fan. And yes, I read the books before I watched the movies. Team Peeta!
- Lushie: I am CRAZY about Lush. I love most of their products. Though I am quite picky. I love to relax with a bath bomb and I never leave the house without Lush lipbalm. If I visit another country or a big city, I always make sure to visit the local Lush!
- Seafoam Rep: It's a bit of an inside joke... but I love the colour seafoam, and anything that comes close (mint, teal, aqua, turquoise, etc etc). I even have seafoam coloured hair.
- Nailpolish addict: I have quite a few polishes, though I'm pretty sure there are ladies out there who have more. I'm most proud of my OPI Muppets, OPI Katy Perry, OPI Muppets Most Wanted, and OPI San Francisco collections.
- Tea lover: I have a cabinet filled with teas. Some friends might argue not all of those teas are real teas, but I don't care. My favourites at the moment are Earl Grey, Cinnamon Tea, and Mint Tea. I'm not crazy about coffee anymore, but if I drink anything it's Cafe Caramel (which is kinda lika a latte).
- LEGO fan: I can mostly hide this because I have a son who loves to play with LEGO, but I still love it myself as well. Don't tell anyone I said that.
- Filofax Fan: A fairly new obsession but it's a big one. I'm even creating printables for Filofax planners!
- Smoothie Girl: I can't handle a lot of food in the morning, so I usually drink just a tea before I leave for school. And then when I get back I make myself a smoothie. It's easy and healthy, and it helps me eat in the morning.
- Foodie: I like to cook yummy stuff. I love to come up with new recipes, trying them out and enjoying them with my family.
- Crazy cat lady: Even though I don't have any cats right now, at some point in my life I had 6 cats at once! I'll admit it was too much for the small house I lived in at the time, but I just love cats. Unfortunately my last cat passed away in 2008, and I haven't had the opportunity nor the courage to adopt a new cat. Someday I will definitely have one (or two) cats again.
Other interests include San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, Cardiff, architecture, Mid-Century Modern, reading books and magazines (Flow Magazine, ImagineFX, Die Sims Magazin).
On my blog I talk a lot about my personal life. Mostly about stuff I like, but also about my health and how I deal with everyday things that are completely normal to others, but are difficult for me.
I have lipoedema for starters, which is a horrible disease in both legs and in my case also my arms. I've been dealing with all my life (though I've only been diagnosed since 2009). I wear compression stockings and sleeves to prevent my limbs from filling up. It's painful. And people mistake it for obesity all the time.
Furthermore I am gluten/wheat intolerant and get really sick when I eat it anyway (so I quit gluten/wheat in 2013). I changed my diet in 2013 to strip gluten, wheat, lactose, most red meats, sugar and a bunch more food types. I've also been on Movicol since 2008 because my digestive system just isn't working properly on its own (despite exercise and diet).
I've had pelvic instability since the pregnancy back in 2007. And fysiotherapy hasn't helped much, so this is still an issue.
I have asthma, urticaria and several other perennial and seasonal allergies which interfere with my every day life. I take meds for most of the allergies and they help me get through the day. But occassionally the allergies still mess with my day.
Then there is my mental health. I've suffered from depression my entire life, and also have anxiety attacks. I'm currently back in therapy and we're trying to figure out if I'm autistic as well (very likely). Finally I recently discovered I'm grey-a. I will probably vlog and blog about that subject later.
Needless to say I have a challenging health. So it's expected that while I'm trying to fight my way through life, that I occassionally blog and vlog about these things.